Is my money safe?
Eligible deposits that you hold with Tandem Bank Limited are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), the UK’s deposit protection scheme. The total value eligible for protection at the date of this letter is up to £85,000.
This limit applies to each individual and to the total of any deposit balances you have (across all account types) with Tandem Bank Limited. Any deposits that you hold which exceed this figure are not covered by the scheme. Most depositors (including individuals and small businesses) are covered by the scheme. Larger companies are generally excluded. For more information, please visit: https://www.fscs.org.uk/.
Are there any changes to my terms and conditions?
Because we have changed our name, we have updated your terms and conditions, an updated copy has been sent to you in the post. Throughout the document, we have replaced ‘Harrods Bank’ with ‘Tandem Bank’, and we have removed references to the Harrods Bank branch as well as products which are no longer available, e.g. business and personal current accounts. You can also view the updated terms here.
Has the interest rate on my Fixed Term Deposit Account changed?
No. Fixed Term Deposit Account interest rates will remain fixed until maturity.
What happens when my Fixed Term Deposit Account matures?
You will receive a letter notifying you of the upcoming maturity of your fixed rate deposit prior to the maturity date. In that letter, we will highlight the options available to you and you can respond with your instructions. In line with the terms and conditions, if you do not provide us with instructions prior to maturity, your funds will be paid to your Call Deposit Account where you can access your funds.
If your product has matured and you'd like to see the products we have available, please click here.
As Harrods Bank has been sold, can I take my money out of my Fixed Term Deposit Account product?
The section in the terms and conditions relating to withdrawals from your Fixed Term Deposit Account is unaffected by the sale of Harrods Bank. As set out in section 26.1f of the Personal Account Terms, no withdrawals or deposits may be made during the term of the Fixed Rate Deposit Account.
Will the way I access my product change?
No, you can continue to use both the phone and post as a way of accessing your product.
Our team are available to take your calls on +44 (0)20 3370 0970. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm, except bank holidays.
You can write to us at: Tandem Bank, 123 Pentonville Road, London, N1 9LG.
Is my data safe?
Tandem Bank Limited is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). Our registration reference is Z5753656. We will only use your data in accordance with our terms and conditions, adhering to data privacy rights.
Who is Tandem Bank Limited?
Tandem Bank Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Can I open new accounts with Tandem Bank?
We are developing a range of products and services, including a credit card and an app.
Please visit www.tandem.co.uk to view the current range of products we have available.
Why was Harrods Bank sold by Harrods?
Whilst Harrods has been a proud owner of Harrods Bank, it acknowledged that the way people manage their money is rapidly changing due to increased service provision through digital channels. The acquisition has allowed the combination of the banking capabilities of Harrods Bank with the latest fintech offering of Tandem to give customers access to the best banking platform to meet their evolving demands.
Does this mean that Harrods Bank has closed?
No, Tandem has purchased 100% of Harrods Bank. All assets and liabilities of Harrods Bank are still owned by the same legal entity. The only changes are to the name of the legal entity, to Tandem Bank Limited.
Can I view my existing products in the Tandem app?
No, initially you won't be able to view or service any of your existing products via the app.
Will the Harrods Bank name still exist?
No, the Harrods Bank brand will not be used in future.
What will happen to my loan/mortgage?
There are no changes to the terms and conditions of your loan or mortgage.
How can I get in touch?
If you’ve read through the FAQs and still have a question, you can contact us over the phone or write to us.
Our team are available to take your calls on +44 (0)20 7225 6789. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, except bank holidays.
You can write to us at: Tandem Bank, 68-72 Hammersmith Road, London, W14 8UD.
Gold Bullion FAQs
Tandem does not sell gold bullion. The Harrods gold buy back service will, however, continue to be available in the Harrods store.
How this affects you
The gold buy-back service will continue to be available from the Harrods Safe Deposit service, which is based in the Knightsbridge Store and can be contacted by telephone on +44 (0) 207893 8271, or by email email@example.com.
Please note the Safe Deposit service is open Monday - Saturday 10AM-8PM and is closed Sundays and Bank Holidays. The following information provides further details about the buy-back service.
Can I still buy gold in the Store or online?
Tandem does not sell gold bullion.
How does the buy-back process work?
The service is available for items of gold purchased directly from Harrods Bank. i.e. this offer does not apply to:
- Any item NOT purchased directly from Harrods Bank, even if it is a bar or coin from our refiner Produits Aristiques Metaux Precieux (PAMP) that the Bank holds in stock.
- Any seller other than the person our records show as being the original purchaser stated on the original invoice (exceptions include spouses and deceased estates).
The process is as follows:
- You will need to present us with your items at the Harrods Safe Deposit service in the Harrods Store, together with acceptable identification, your original purchase invoice and an original bank statement or utility bill to provide proof of address. Please note the statement or bill should not be more than 3 months old.
- Harrods Safe Deposit will inspect these and give you a non-binding, indicative quote to buy back the items.
- Items will usually need to be sent away to PAMP in Switzerland for authentication prior to buy-back. Please allow 10 days for this process.
- If you would like to proceed and have given us a firm instruction to buy back your precious metal, Harrods Safe Deposit will execute the transaction on your behalf. This is a confirmed deal and you are therefore obliged to accept the price obtained.
- Harrods Safe Deposit will process the transaction and transfer the funds to your bank account within 3 days upon receipt of authentication being confirmed by PAMP.
- You will receive a confirmation receipt quoting full details of the transaction.